I asked one of my friends who has crossed 70 & is heading to 80 what sort of changes he is feeling in himself? He sent me the following very interesting lines, which I would like to share with you.
1. After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children, my friends, now I have started loving myself.
2. I just realized that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.
3. I now stopped bargaining with vegetables & fruits vendors. A few pennies more is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow to save for his daughter’s school fees.
4. I pay my waitress a big tip. The extra money might bring a smile to her face. She is toiling much harder for a living than me.
5. I stopped telling the elderly that they’ve already narrated that story many times, the story makes them walk down the memory lane & relive the past.
6. I give compliments freely & generously. Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me. A small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, never turn it down, just say “Thank You”.
7. I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. Personality speaks louder than appearances.
8. I walk away from people who don’t value me. They might not know my worth, but I do.
9. I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race. I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.
10. I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. It’s my emotions that make me human.
11. I have learned that it’s better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. My ego will keep me aloof, whereas with relationship I will never be alone.
12. I have learned to live each day as if it’s the last. After all, it might be the last.
13. I am doing what makes me happy. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself. Happiness is a choice, you can be happy at any time, just choose to be!